This production journal is going to include 2 weeks ( week 9&10) of progress. Because of Thanks Giving holiday, a lot of us are taking a break. However, I still got things done at the meantime.
- We had weekly meeting with Prof. Wagner on Monday(1 hr). I addressed my concern during the meeting. Wagner actually think we can push 2D+3D further and make our game stylish. He gave us the example of Second Life to proof his point of view. This brilliant plan of solution regained my confidence of our project.
- We had our weekly DIGM meeting on Wednesday (1hr). During the meeting, we came us the concept of title screen and waiting screen. It will be a flip board shows all of the information. Also, I need to refine the sprite for the in-game treasure box.
- Then, I got sick on Thursday, so I couldn’t attend Friday meeting.
- I refined the treasure box sprite. (2 hrs)
- I made mock up for the all of the information on the flip board. (waiting, start server, join game, game over) (3hrs)
- CS team requested a game app logo, so I made one. (1hr)
- Although Prof. Wagner was sick, we still gathered on Monday. (1hr) we play tested our game and did a run through of our presentation.
- We had a presentation in EGS, since we are one of their incubator team, a report is needed every quarter. (1hr)
- Ziyang and I decided to replace the flip board menu idea by a four-sided-spinning Mayan totem. He modeled it but he had problem of doing the UV layout in Maya, so I took the job. I UVed and textured it. (2hrs) Then I textured our Mayan Temple model as well. This temple will be the back ground of the spinning totem. (1hr)
- Writing this PPJ (0.5 hr)
Total hours: 13.5hr
Positive: It’s good that we had a solution for 2D+3D issue. No more concerns.
Negative: We still need to communicate with the group about how to technically put in totem title menu in game.