Hoo boy we got a lot done this week! Maps 2 and 3 are functional enough for playtesting, and most of their assets exist in a first draft form. We also got some cool new icons into the game, as well as some sprites and a sick new whip animation.
During this meeting we touched base on how we were doing and figured out how we were divvying up the Bounty board.
• Wagner Meeting 1 hours
We talked to wagner and showed him the current state of the game.
• Saturday Work Meeting
Work on prison map and implementation: 3 hours
Worked on this earlier in the week as well as at the Friday work meeting. Had a few issues with scaling and colliders but that will be handled as soon as possible.
Work on Mud and Pit sprites 2.5 hours
These were done at the Friday meeting. The mud is completely finished but the trapdoor for the pit trap is not quite finished.
Wrangling with perforce 1h
Had some trouble uploading to perforce this week but Zach and I together got it working.
Total hours: 8.5 hrs
• Got The stuff done that I was asked to get done.
Started getting sick near the end of the week and that really stinks but as of Monday I am starting to get over it.
This week I worked a lot and still got nothing done : ) <— sarcastic smily face
• Digm Meeting (1 hr)
I was completely exhausted from having zero hours of sleep so I don’t particularly reme,ber this meeting except that I needed to continue working on the posters
• Wagner Meeting (1 hr)
Talked about what was in the game and new maps- Wagner seemed pretty happy with us!
• Saturday Meeting
I technically did not attend- as I physically was in New Jersey helping out with a film shoot. But I still worked on the new GUI and handed it off. CS side told us not to bother with the Mummy yet so that’s a this week thing instead.
• So I edited together and made our posters as best as I could. I barely turned them into the print shop and was literally unable to give Rob the PDF since I was in a car for three hours booking it to Jersey– so that was late. (14 hrs)
• On Saturday I worked on our Main GUI with Resh and from what I understand it’s in the game now ; w ; (3.5 hrs)
• I ended up getting sick from some… not so fresh food on Monday that I’d left in the fridge for the weekend thinking it would be fine when I got back. Should have realized it tasted funny… so I used what little time I wasn’t feeling disgusted to work on the snake enemy I started coloring it only to realize it looked stupid. : / (1.5 hrs)
Total hours: 21 hrs
• Stuff got done but once again doesn’t FEEL like enough.
• Was in New Jersey Friday -> Sunday and thus didn’t get as much work done as I wanted… again. I feel pretty crappy about it. I’m hoping I can spend the rest of my time this week crunching on beta. >~>
• Posters not completely done the way I wanted, missed two of them in time for the deadline and thus didn’t turn them in and I’ll have to work on it more eventually… and I’m just still very frustrated with myself. I’m going as hard as I can on this stuff and it’s not good enough to my standards.
• It feels a little bit like sinking that much time into the posters was a bad idea but honestly I feel like the deadline was just at a really bad place considering what we needed to do for our production this week and last week.
Meeting on Thursday (1hour). We discussed our new map layout and texted new map scene in Unity engine. We planned to have a animated mummy done this week.
Meeting on Friday (1hour). We showed Prof. Wagner our latest build. I had a bad stomachache during the meeting.
Dev day on Saturday (4.5 hours) Resh and Pat helped me to set up Perforce on my mac and finally I can push things by myself. I made a bear trap icon, a hammer, a smoke bomb. I replaced wall by wooden barrel wall and also updated item box sprite. From now on, we are having white boarders for everything in order to increase the readability.
Positive: Dev day was really productive and finally I have access to our server again. It was very productive.
Negative: Mummy’s line art wasn’t delivered from from Jordie, so it was not started as we planned.
This week felt ages longer than it actually was. The term is wrapping up and various other duties are snatching up people left and right.
On Thursday we had our usual DIGM meeting and went over our plan for the next week as well as what we NEED to have done for our beta lock at the end of term. Starting this week it’s officially crunch time. We also tasked ourselves with coming up with themes for the upcoming map designs.
We sent a representative from the CS side to go out to game forge but unfortunately there was only one phone to use which rendered the opportunity to get playtesting data useless.
Friday was normally our Wagner meeting, he couldn’t attend, so we used the time to our advantage since the entire team was there. We threw every idea out that we had and decided on three new themes for our upcoming maps.
Saturday it was decided that we’ll shoot for two maps this week and on Friday present our efforts to Wagner to get his feedback and hopefully things will go well. We have our posters that need to be completed, or rather, perfected by Friday for when we send them out to the printshop. Crossing our fingers everything goes well and that come next Tuesday we’ll have something amazing to display in URBN’s lobby to show off our game!
DIGM development meeting (1 hr)
Advisor Meeting (1 hr)
Saturday Work Meeting (3 hrs)
CS development meeting (3.5 hrs)
Enemy sprites (2 hrs)
Poster Designs, edits, etc (9 hrs)
Modular Map Production; secondary models, and map redesign work (18.5 hrs)
Extra Random Stuff (3 hrs)
CS development (16 hrs)
All of us attended our various meetings this week in some form or another!
Posters arn’t completely finished
Another planning week so less production work
Didn’t get play-testing data we were hoping for
Two of our members were sick for a good portion of the week
We discussed some housekeeping stuff, mostly what the CS Side said they’d have within the next two weeks and what we’d need to get to them by then. We also talked about some feedback Rob gave us and implemented slack and daily check ins. Everyone was tasked with brainstorming map themes.
• Wagner Meeting (1 hr)
While the Meeting did not have Wagner it did have the rest of us. We decided on new map themes and where we’d be going on that front for the next week.
• Saturday Meeting
I technically did not attend- as I physically couldn’t make it but I was kept up on the progress. Long story short we decided to throw everything at the wall and get two maps done and update our first map and see where we end up. If it doesn’t work we scrap it no harm done. Of course we’re going to rock it so nbd.
• Being sick I had a lot of mindless down time- 1 of which I used to start on the solution to one of our problems: No in game fonts. So I took bits of time between sleeping to make a list of fonts. Of course I had to restart my computer and lost them… so I made a list again but it went from 30 fonts to 60. I’m planning to narrow it down before letting the team know what’s up (1.5 hrs)
• On Saturday I was mostly working on getting the animation correct (roughed in) for our snake enemy. I started doing the lineart for it but ended up with more cold symptoms meaning I didn’t super function well. (2 hrs)
• On Sunday I ended up finally getting the dimensions for our posters or rather the dimensions of our board and thus did all of the math calculations to figure out what our stuff would need to be. And let me tell you it’s HUGE. So I spent time figuring all that out. (1.5 hrs)
• Work on the posters alone… staggering. Since I was sick pretty much the entire week I didn’t have much time to do the final work on those. So it was done, at this point, mostly in two sittings. Of course 4.5 hours was just dedicated to getting the stupid tablet drivers to work and my computer was having so many technical issues I wanted to chuck it out a window. (9 hrs)
Total hours: 16 hrs
• Stuff got done but not enough
• Sick as a dog
• Fun computer technical issues (Damn u steve!)
• Posters not completely done and I’ll have to work on it Wednesday and I’m very frustrated with myself.
This week was rather light as I was working on many other things for other classes and did not do as much as I should have this week. However, Tomorrow I will be doing work on bounty board items and knocking out the prison map that i need to do.
Positives: we have a plan and have every intention of hitting beta at the end of the term.
Negatives: other classes got to me this week and i didn’t get as much done I would have liked.
This week was a lot of ups and downs. I had to go out of town for some medical work that subsequently made me unproductive for two days, but we made up for that by getting a lot of stuff rolling this weekend. I’ve set it up so even though not much on my end got done this week, the seeds were planted so that I can get a lot done within the next week, including another map design and hopefully some serious layout work/functionality for our GUI.
This week has lots of things going on, we discussed how many levels we will make for our game, and has been decided by four, in which represent each character`s background. We also discuss how to modify our game and in what visual way to jump to next level. Resh and Pat start to build the new map. The modular modeling looks great in Unity. In order to make our progress fast, we ask each DIGM people to report his daily work on Slack, so we can know and track each one`s work. In my way, my computer had broken on last Monday, and sent to the computer fixer, where they reported me that my video card is falling and need to replace by a new one. They said they need at least 15 business days to work on it, so which means I can`t work on project in my computer before our final presentation coming. Truly Sad! Instead, I have to go URBN to work, but some benefit software in my computer can`t find in URBN`s desktop. That`s makes my work even harder.
Hours: Meeting on Thursday: 1h
Meeting on Friday: 1.5h (Our adviser did not show up. )
Meeting on Saturday: 3h
Working on texture made: 2.5h
Positive: I have already put textures in all modular modelings we have so far, but it`s rough than textures I did before my laptop broken.
We finally find a way to catch every one in track.
Negative: computer broken affect my progress and quality.
We are in good shape! This is our conclusion of the week.
Meeting on Tuesday (1hour). We discussed our UI feedback as well as our poster.
Meeting on Friday (1hour). Prof. Wagner canceled it again, but we all gathered with CS side of the team and we received an assets list request.
Dev day on Saturday(3hours) I made a new gun icon/ in game item during the meeting. Resh walked us through the map creating process.
Lower the polys counts of the rocks from 150~polys to 30-50 polys. Also centered pivots and deleted all the histories. (3 hours)
Positive: The group came up new UI design. YAY!
Negative: Because I missed the meeting on week 6 Saturday, all of the designs that I made was not useful. They have another set of concept design sketched on the paper which they thought those were better. I am fine with them, but I am no long working on UI. The Perfoce doesn’t work well on my new mac. I am not so familiar with OS and it causes problem when I need to share and get files from server.