We ended last week with having a bunch of items put in and more production work on both our characters and our map designs.
Last Thursday we reviewed our work from last week and went over our midterm presentation. After that there was discussion of the GDC presentation as well as what we wanted to have in our latest build for it, deadlines, etc. We decided as a team to go to the philly game forge and figured out who would be going, what we’d need, etc. It was nice to go and get some playtesting as well as see what other people are doing and meeting more individuals in the field.
The next day was the advisor meeting however we used that time instead to film game footage for our trailer. Turns out, most of the footage was unusable however we didn’t know that until we looked at it Saturday night to get ready to make the trailer.
Saturday we had a team meeting / work party. It was a time to catch up and work on what we needed to accomplish. The Scientist Line art was done as well as the sketch for the Merchant. The pieces of the new map were finished and textured and Pat worked on gantt update.
Monday we reshot footage and compiled all of our recored elements into the trailer. Pat’s dialogue was recorded in garageband and then edited and complied into after effects. Monday was also double checking the Presentation to make sure the latest elements were in place.
In summary, our map toolkit was completed, our scientist and gangster characters are in spine and in the game, we got more playtesting data, and we have the beginning stages of our trailer.
- DIGM development meeting (1 hr)
- Advisor Meeting -> Turned into Recording Footage (1 hr)
- Saturday Work Meeting (2 hrs)
- Philly Dev Night at Philly Game Forge (2.5 hrs)
- CS development meeting (3.5 hrs)
- Trailer (9 hrs)
- Presentation work (10 hrs)
- Scientist Character Production (7 hrs)
- Map design, development and toolkit development (7 hrs)
- Character mechanism (2 hrs)
- Items development (2 hrs)
- CS development (16 hrs)
- Modular Map completely finished. We have all of the pieces done and first round textures.
- Two new characters are in the game. Fourth will be done this week.
- We have the basics of the trailer done and will update it with game footage next time the group meets.
- Putting aside the last two characters for later in the term
Total Hours for the week: 63 hrs