Believe us, we are building this game and making it better everyday.
This week, I worked with Patrick planning out, improve and revise our phone GUI. Because the phone GUI has the most problems, it became our biggest focus point and we are going to need to revise it and make t look good in the next couple week. I started work on the buttons as the starting point. Several new buttons are finished and added to the phone UI scene. Those are going to replace a lot of the “programmer’s art”
Patrick already posted what we have sketched so I am not going to re-post them here. As for the character selection and map selection menu, they will have a more graphical new look coming out in the following week.
In conclusion, a lot of cool things are coming out soon.
This is also counting some of the stuff I’ve done over break but the hours on that were more sketchy than I’d like as I didn’t record any of them well.
• Friday Meeting- was going to be with wagner but things happened- (.5 hrs)
• Digm Meeting – (1.5 hrs)
•Went through our website and made all of our tagging system and such somewhat consistent (1.5 hrs)
• Concepted and researched methods of better design for our characters in terms of style. (10 hrs)
• This week I went through and designed a new version of our character “gangster” as I was requested to do (4 hrs)
• Animated the blank doll for the use item animation (1.5 hrs)
Total hours: 19 hrs
-We had a team meeting to decide where we’re going this term and we’ll figure out the pipeline for creating characters this week
– The rigging system I created last term will be completely usable and ready to go for this term, all the prep was completely worth it to speed our process along now.
-Our team meetings are at the end of the week so our production schedule doesn’t completely line up with the PPJ posting times
Concept Art, Design, team fancierfish, Jordie, meetings, animation
The Break was nice but now we are at the end of the first week. This week we did not start strong as we scrambled to get back into action. This week we met on Saturday to plan out the next few weeks and prioritize what we will do. That didn’t leave a ton of time.
Friday- We all met at about 11 to have our weekly meeting with Wagner. He had forgotten this week so we took this time to check up with the CS team and see how their progress came along from the break. (.5)
Saturday- We stopped and met for about an hour and a half and made a plan for where we were going to go this term and where our goals were. (1.5 hours)
I began doing some light concepting on the characters, I was not happy with the results so I had scrapped them. 1h
Status report and PPJ – 1h
Positive: We now have a plan on where to go.
Negative: Prof. Wagner missed the meeting and we lost out on valuable critic time with him.
Total hour: 4 hours
This week, we resumed our project from a 3-week-break. We did not start production right away. Instead, we had couple meetings and clarified our current state and arranged what we need to do next.
We supposed to have a meeting with Prof. Wagner on Friday, but he did not show up. We waited for 30 mins. During this time, CS team gave us a list of new function that they developed.
I attended our DIGM group meeting on Saturday, we arranged our tasks as well as our goal for the quarter. (1.5 hours)
I made the concept sprite (first draft) of healing icon, and both gun and healing gun. (3hours) We are not allowed to use a cross with red color, because Red Cross owns it. Therefore, we need to come up our own design. As for the Illusory wall, I did some research of it, and I think I need more information of it before I can work on it.
Here is our healing Icon!
Positive: I accomplished modifying character body type during the break!
Negative: Prof. Wagner forgot about our meeting.
Total hour: 5hours