Jordie Winter Term Week 2 PPJ

 

Hours Breakdown:

Meetings:

• Friday Meeting With Wagner (1 hr)

Tasked with Finishing a character and having them IN game COMPLETE by friday

• Digm Meeting – (1 hr)

Decided on design for gangster and divided up work between Me, Pat, and Jimmy. We discussed finishing the Archeologist, as it turns out it was unfinished last term. Also I did not finish implementing changes on the back rig.

•Work Meeting with Digm Side (2.5 hrs)

Ended up doing most of the lineart for the gangster on that time, and I learned how the sprite’s color changing will be implemented in unity

Work:

• I completely finished the back, front, and side of the Archelogist for our robust rig, however it took longer than I anticipated as there were a many tiny pieces I didn’t count on taking so long. (4.5 hrs)

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 4.27.56 PM

• Linearted the Gangster so Jimmy could make the flat and chop it up into pieces for Pat to put into spine. This took more time than it should have as I was rather distracted during the process. (3 hrs)

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 4.27.35 PM

• Created a master Animation list for Resh so the coding bit of how our sprites will function will go easier. (.5 hrs)

• Created all Social Media Accounts and updated artwork for already created accounts (3 hrs)

• Almost Fixed the back rig in spine, will finish tomorrow (.5 hrs)

Total hours: 16 hrs

Positive:

-Finally finished the archeologist and we have the lineart for the gangster done. We should be going into rough concepting and production for the next character fine.

-Hoping the document I created in order for the other people in the pipeline to complete and understand their jobs was enough.

-I am mostly back on track to this week despite the setback of Sunday

Negative:

-I got REALLY sick on Sunday was completely AWOL. I ended up giving Jimmy the Lineart for the gangster on Monday, as well as the complete Archelogist. I should have given it to him on Saturday, however Saturday I realized what we currently had for set up to change colors on our characters would not be working as is and wanted to find a solution before finishing characters.

-Slightly worried about color changing for the characters, but that should be more of a minor concern

Tags:

Production Art, team fancierfish, Jordie, meetings

Jordie PPJ Week 10

Was thanksgiving week so I didn’t get as much done as I wanted, still worked as much as I should have.

Hours Breakdown:

Meetings:

• Week 9? “Wagner” Meeting (1 hr) – practiced presentation for class

•Week 9? digm Meeting (1.5 hrs)

•Week 9? Full team meeting (1.5 hrs) – Discussed music and what we wanted done in the vertical slice for the end of term

•Week 10 “Wagner” Meeting (1.5 hrs) – No wagner but we grabbed tony to practice our EGS presentation which was good practice going into our presentation for the end of the term

• EGS Presentation (1 hr)

Work:

•Minor textures updates (1 hr)

• Website Bio Updates, Web Updates, and Team Icons (5 hrs)

• Resizing sprites for Performance Tests (.5 hrs)

• Branding Guide (1 hr)

•HD Logo Rough for Presentation (1 hr)

•Sprite Skin tests and more Sprite Base Editing (7 hrs)

•Starting Press Kit for Game (.5 hrs)

Total hours for the Two Weeks: 23.5 hrs

Positive:

-Fixed Issue with sprites and 3D messing; got nice feedback from EGS, learned about press kits which is what I was stumbling to put together before I knew what it was- got criteria in general and examples, so I can start putting together our “about our game page” now that I know what I’m doing

-Worked more on our website, The Team page is done!!! and gave out the URL. Got positive feedback on how we displayed the information, will probably make the page a bit more streamline down the road but it’s 100% functional and not completely ugly.

-Got the VERY basic idea of how long it takes to do skins… somewhere between 5-7 hours per side. Which translates to, I’ll need a week for each skin. Sadly. Hopefully I’ll figure out something to streamline it more.

Negative:

-Didn’t get the skins done that I wanted, despite that being my goal for our vertical slice. There’s still hope before the end of term but not in time for the presentation. : (

Artwork I’ve Made:

Current Branding Guide:

Branding Guide

Icons:

Basic Front Skin:

archelogist fitted to rig

Skin in Action (on the old animation LOL):

Archelogist_Fullbody_Test

Tags:

Art, Design, team fancierfish, Jordie, meetings, animation