Winter Term Fancier Fish Production Update (1/13 to 1/20)

Group Meetings:

  • DIGM development meeting   (1 hr)
    • The team took the concept art developed by Jordie, Jimmy, and Pat to piece together what was good about the designs into what is now the new Gangster character. Then it was decided who would be doing what when production began this week
    • JD and Resh hammered out details on the map and designs were discussed. Changes were suggested, jokes were had. Good meeting
  • Advisor Meeting  (1 hr)
    • Considering how the map design is going forward (modularly) Wagner suggested creating a feature where players create their own maps.
    • Menus were once again touched on as something that needed to get in
    • The time for feature lock is soon upon us
    • We asked about tablets and other things to help playtest our game
    • Wagner specifically requested the digm side to have one complete character in the game
  • CS development meeting  (3.5 hrs)

Production Work:

  • Gangster Character Concept Development (10 hrs)
  • Map design and development (6 hrs)
  • Player Sprite Production (6.5 hrs)
  • CS development (16 hrs)

Positive:

  • Our archeologist is 3/4ths  of the way finished, only need to be put into spine and then we’ll have the animations and everything ready to export into unity.

Screen Shot 2016-01-18 at 4.27.35 PM

  • The second character, the gangster, is 1/3rd of the finished and should be finished sometime this week
  • The pipeline for character production is functional and looks solid going forward

map03

  • We’ve been creating a few good map designs we can use going forward to expand our game.

Negative:

  • Minor communication errors and might have a small issue with sprite color changing properties. Should be able to find a solution this week.
  • Only two members of the digm side were able to attend the CS development meeting this Saturday, next week should be better
  • Three of our members had health issues this week.

Total Hours for the week: 54 hrs

No Title: Week 2 PPJ

We were trying to get a character in the game by next week.

Hours Breakdown:

I made the concept art of our first female character, Lady Mafia. (3hrs)

During our Thursday DIGM meeting, we went through the concept arts and we made the modification. Our next step is break down Archaeologist, rig it, and animate it. We formed a  character creation working pipeline. (1.5hr)

I attended the meeting with Prof. Wagner on Friday. We had a report of our current status and made a promise that we will have a character moving in the game by next meeting. (1hr)

Jordie had question about changing color of the character in Unity. I had an hour long chat with Zach and figure things out.

I received the Archaeologist’s psd file and broke it apart.  The character was prepared to be rigged. Then I past the file to Pat for rigging. (3.5hrs)

Positive: We had a lot of our pipeline set up, finally.

Negative: We were lacking communication about technically how to achieve the character color switching issue.

Total Hours: 9hours

 

Fancier Fish Week 2 Project Update (9/27 to 10/3)

Group Meetings:

  • DIGM development meeting   (2 hrs)
  • CS development meeting  (2 hrs)
  • Full team design meeting (2 hrs)
  • EGS/Production Schedule meeting (2 hrs)

Production Work:

  • Website setup   (3 hrs)
  • Visuals first production draft (3 hrs)
  • Map design first production draft (3 hrs)
  • CS development (6 hrs)

 

 

Positive:

  • Visuals coming along nicely.
  • Prototypes functioning at expected levels.
  • We have a website now. (This is that website.)

Negative:

  • Took longer than expected to finish settling production schedules.

Total Hours for the week: 23